Index Analysis and Performance Improvement
|Level||300 – Advanced|
Regular 150€ after March 1st, 2020
|Location||Microsoft Danmark – Kanalvej 7, 2800 Lyngby|
It is not always the wrong configuration of a Microsoft SQL Server which causes bad running applications.
Quite often you’ll find design problems in the database, bad indexes or a mix of all together. This demo based workshop shows daily indexing problems and solutions with SQL Server prior to 2017 and new improvements in 2017/2019.
Equipped with the basics of row based indexes we walk through different detailed examples and build solutions for common problems based on wrong indexing and/or database design. Fasten seat belts for the following topics which will be handled in 10 lab scenarios in detail:
- HEAP / Clustered Index / non clustered Index – basics of indexing
- What key is an ideal candidate for a clustered index?
- Analysis of workloads is an essential part for a good determination
- Importance of statistics for efficient queries
- Index Improvements in SQL 2017/2019
- sargable vs nonsargable queries
- good and bad parallelism scenarios
- importance of correct data types